Tuesday 29 August 2017

Current Projects

This is my new 'project suitcase' and as you can see it is practically overflowing with fabric. At the beginning of summer I came to the realisation that I had far too much (three large boxes and about six large carrier bags) to fit in my small bedroom. 

I decided to make a list of 'small' projects that would use up some of the fabric and have promised myself I wont buy anymore until the suitcase is empty.

Some of the things that I plan to make include:

  • An 18th century cape
  • 1790's 'short' stays
  • A regency chemisette
  • An 18th century Muff and arm warmers
  • A Tudor Kirtle
  • And a 1939 Tea Gown
Most of the fabric in the suitcase has been earmarked for projects though I am unsure what to do with the polka dot green wool. It's vintage, meaning I have a cat in hell's chance of ever finding any more of it, and there's only about half a meter. I might try to make a skirt...

No comments:

Post a Comment

1790s short stays (and a petticoat)

In January I made a decision to begin a 1790's ensemble. I originally wrote the majority of this post in February and have only just got...